16. 25th March 2017. Monthly meeting and talk by Andrew Krajewski on the Prociuk tile and brick making machine donated by GDHS to the Polish Museum.
Gerringong Polish Connections
On Saturday 25 March at 1 pm at Gerringong Museum, Andrew Krajewski gave a talk about the fascinating story of Alexander Prociuk, who came to Gerringong in 1950 and lived there for 30 years. He established a tile-making business, using sand from Werri Beach. He had been an Officer in the Polish Army, and performed heroically during the Second World War, but under Russian occupation his family was persecuted and sent to a Siberian camp. Their reunion in 1961, after 22 years of separation, made headlines in all major Australian newspapers.
Also born in Poland, Andrew Krajewski was a navigator, and arrived in Australia with his wife in 1981, settling in the Wollongong area. Passionate about history all his life, he has been researching the history of the Polish community in the Illawarra. He is the founder and curator of the Illawarra Polish Museum as well as President of the Historical Section within the Polish Association. He is also a member of Gerringong and District Historical Society.
17. 8th April 2017. Book launch and talk by Michelle Morgan Flying Through Clouds. ( click on the link to view the poster of the event.)
18. 22nd April 2017. Monthly meeting and talk by Bobbie Miller on NSW Colonial Architects.
19. 24th June 2017. Monthly meeting and part 1 of a talk by Tony Butz on NSW Governors & Surveyors - Influence on Gerringong & District.
20. 26th August 2017. Monthly Meeting and part 2 of the talk by Tony Butz on NSW Governors & Surveyors.