The Museum is now closed from October 2017 until approximately late 2020 early 2021
ClClick HERE for more information or more information
Gerringong Historical Museum
10 Blackwood Street, Gerringong (opposite Zoobs).
Opening hours are Saturday and Sunday 1-4pm and at other times for groups by appointment.
Groups: School or other interest groups welcome.
Admission is Adults, $4.00 p/p; Children free if accompanied by adult.
Local schoolchildren visits $3.00 p/p
Opening out of hours, $5.00 p/p
The museum contains a number of static displays featuring models and photographs of interest to historians and the general public alike. Of particular note are the intricate models of early Gerringong buildings constructed by Eric Wagstaff, the photographic record of motor racing on Seven Mile Beach in the 1920s, a display dedicated to Charles Kingsford Smith and his take-off from Seven Mile Beach in 1933, geology and fauna display and a display about the local dairying industry.
The museum was purpose-built and officially opened in 1991, and has wheelchair access and toilets.
The Mural painted on the external wall of the Museum was created, 2003, by professional aboriginal artists with input from the Gerringong & District Historical Society and local children.
We meet on the 4th Saturday of the month at 1.00pm. New members and visitors welcome.
Membership: $10.00 per annum, due in May.
PO Box 108, Gerringong, NSW 2534.